The results for the November/December leagues are:
|Division 1||Chris Bray|
|Division 2||David Lyon|
|Division 3||Ruth Hume / Taha Osman|
|Division 4||Martyn Jackson|
|Squash players in league||23|
|Squash league games played||25|
|Player(s) of the Month||David Lyon|
|‘Played all games’ draw|
(Randomly picked from 7)
| Phil Brown|
|Male Player of the Year 2019||Darren Vass|
|Female Player of the Year 2019||Alison Weaver|
|Male Player of the Year 2018||Darren Vass|
|Female Player of the Year 2018||Alison Weaver|
Congratulations to Darren Vass who wins Male Player of the Year 2019.
Congratulations to Alison Weaver who retains her title to become Female Player of the Year 2019.
Both Darren Vass and Alison Weaver win a year’s free membership.
Walkover scoring notes:-
- Please agree a walkover with your opponent.
- If you cannot get a response by e-mail please phone them.
- If you are still struggling to get the game arranged, please let Darren Vass know ASAP (Preferably in the first month) to get the walkover awarded.
- Player of the Month will be awarded on merit and games played.
- Player of the Month is only available in the squash leagues.
- Player of the Month cannot be achieved by claiming walkovers.
- Player of the Month is not eligible to win in consecutive months.
Also if you do not play any league games within four months, you will be removed from the leagues. If you are injured, or have a reason you can’t play for an extended amount of time, let me know by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Once you have signed up to the leagues your personal details are used for the purpose of running the squash leagues. Your email address and telephone number are used for communication purposes by myself and the other players in the leagues. In addition, your telephone numbers and email addresses are on the squash leagues notice board inside Trent Vale Squash Club.
If you are unhappy with the way your data is being stored and used then please contact me to discuss your options (email@example.com).
Please login to view League Results.
The current league will run through January/February. Good luck.
Please login to view Current League Details.
The format for the internal leagues are as follows:-
- A match is played using the SRA rules of the best of 5 games and the first to 15 points with points being won regardless of who is serving (PAR). Should a game reach 14-14, then two clear points are needed to win the game.
- It is not always possible to complete a match in a 40-minute session, so the players must agree whether to keep the score after 40 minutes or carry on or replay the match.
- When a game has deemed to have concluded, the score is entered onto the scoring grid on the wall in the squash building.
- Points are allocated depending upon the score of the game thus; Players only need to enter the Game score on the league chart.
|3-X||10-0 – Walkover|
- Agree a walkover where possible with your opponent.
If you cannot get a response by e-mail please phone them.
If you are still struggling to get the game arranged let Darren Vass know ASAP (Preferably in the first month) to get the walkover awarded.
- Players will be moved up a division, sideways or down a division depending upon the points cumulated.
- All games played during the first month of the league session gain an extra 2 points.
- The player who scores the most points in a league session gets two GOLDEN tokens and is proclaimed Player of the month.
- All players who play all their league games in a league session are put into a hat and the name drawn out gets two GOLDEN tokens.
1-4 = 1 prize; 5-10 = 2 prizes; 11-20 = 3 prizes; 21-30 = 4 prizes; 30+ = 5 prizes
- At the end of the year, the player with most points accumulated from the 6 league sessions of that year gets free membership for the next year and is proclaimed Player of the Year. There will be one prize each for Male & Female Player of the Year
- (TBN – At the end of the year, the player who played the most games gets a prize (either free membership or Golden tokens))
- Players will be moved up a division or down a division depending upon the points cumulated.
Interested in joining the Leagues?
If you’d like to join the league, let us know and we’ll add your name for the next session. If we get enough people wanting to join, we may add another league to this session.
Whatever your standard TVSC would be glad to see you taking part in our internal leagues. This is a good way to play against different players, develop your squash and win squash tokens.
If you know anyone else who might like to enter the new league, please let them know and suggest to them that they join the squash club.