The results for the May/June leagues are:
May/June league Winners
League winners: Squash Premier Julian Clarke Division 1 Veen Lawrence Division 2 Ross Hindley Division 3 Derek Hazledine Division 4 Rob Hannam Division 5 Navin Soni Division 6 No Games Played Squash players in league 38 Squash league games played 39 Player(s) of the Month Ross Hindley 'Played all games' draw
(Randomly picked from 4)
Chri Bray Leading the way to Male Player of the Year 2019 Bill Green Leading the way to Female Player of the Year 2019 Alison Weaver Male Player of the Year 2018 Bill Green Female Player of the Year 2018 Alison Weaver
Congratulations to Bill Green who is our Male Player of the Year 2018.
Congratulations to Alison Weaver who is our Female Player of the Year 2018.
New PAR scoring is now mandatory
PAR = Point a Rally (Meaning you score even if you are not serving)
Score will be first to 15 (winning by two clear points)
Still best of 5 games. Still record games not points
Walkover scoring notes:-
Please agree a walkover with your opponent.
If you cannot get a response by e-mail please phone them.
If you are still struggling to get the game arrange please let Darren Vass know ASAP (Preferably in the first month) to get the walkover awarded.
Player of the Month will be awarded on merit and games played.
Player of the Month is only available in the squash leagues.
Player of the Month cannot be achieved by claiming walkovers.
Player of the Month is not eligible to win in consecutive months.
Also if you do not play any league games within four months, you will be removed from the leagues. If you are injured, or have a reason you can't play for an extended amount of time, let me know by e-mail ().
Once you have signed up to the leagues your personal details are used for the purpose of running the squash leagues. Your email address and telephone number is used for communication purposes by myself and the other players in the leagues. In addition, your telephone numbers and email addresses are on the squash leagues notice board inside Trent Vale Squash Club.
If you are unhappy with the way your data is being stored and used then please contact me to discuss your options ().
The current league will run through July/August. Good luck.
Details for the current squash leagues
The format for the internal leagues are as follows:-
- A match is played using the SRA rules of the best of 5 games and the first to 15 points with points being won regardless of who is serving (PAR). Should a game reach 14-14, then two clear point are needed to win the game.
- It is not always possible to complete a match in a 40 minute session, so the players must agree whether to keep the score after 40 minutes or carry on or replay the match.
- When a game has deemed to have concluded, the score is entered onto the scoring grid on the wall in the squash building.
- Points are allocated depending upon the score of the game thus; Players only need enter the Game score on the league chart.
Games: Points: 3-0 10-2 3-1 9-4 3-2 8-6 2-0 7-3 2-1 7-5 2-2 7-7 1-0 6-4 1-1 6-6 3-X 10-0 - Walkover
- Agree a walkover where possible with your opponent.
If you cannot get a response by e-mail please phone them.
If you are still struggling to get the game arranged let know ASAP (Preferably in the first month) to get the walkover awarded.
- Players will be moved up a division, sideways or down a division depending upon the points cumulated.
- All games played during the first month of the league session gain an extra 2 points.
- The player who scores the most points in a league session gets two GOLDEN tokens and is proclaimed Player of the month.
- All players who play all their league games in a league session are put into a hat and the name drawn out gets two GOLDEN tokens.
1-4 = 1 prize; 5-10 = 2 prizes; 11-20 = 3 prizes; 21-30 = 4 prizes; 30+ = 5 prizes
- At the end of the year, the player with most points accumulated from the 6 league sessions of that year gets free membership for the next year and is proclaimed Player of the Year. There will be one prize each for Male & Female Player of the Year
- (TBN - At the end of the year, the player who played the most games gets a prize (either free membership, or Golden tokens))Also notice
- Players will be moved up
a division, sidewaysor down a division depending upon the points cumulated.
Handicap Tournament 2013 2nd - 22nd September 2013
Sunday, 22nd September, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Paul Bowness v Audrey Cooper
Bob Short v Sandra Albinson
Jackie Welburn v John Hickey,br> Richard Wells v Fitz Haye
- Cup winner - £50; runner up - £30; losing semi-finalists - £10 each
- Plate winner - £50; runner up - £30; losing semi finalists - £10 each
Congratulations to the champions of the cup and the plate (team ATOS) Fitz Haye and Paul Bowness
and runners up, Sandra Albinson and Jackie Welburn.
And Thank You to Nicola Grundy and Louise O'Reilly for the excellend organisation of the championships.
It was a closely contested finals night with the Cup final between Paul Bowness and Sandra Albinson. Paul had previously beaten Audrey Cooper 2-1 in the semi finals, before his 2-0 victory over Sandra in a closely matched contest.
And what can we say about Fitz Haye in the Plate final. We tried our best to handicap him (yes the wooden racquet) and a mean handicap (-21) but he still prevailed in a tight game against the southpaw Jackie Welburn. It went down to the final game and a close finish, but it was not to be Jackie's year!
Thanks all for entering the competition and making it so successful. Hopefully same against next year!
Interested in joining the Leagues?
If you'd like to join the league, let us know and we'll add your name for the next session. If we get enough people wanting to join, we may add another league to this session.
Whatever your standard TVSC would be glad to see you taking part in our internal leagues. This is a good way to play against different players, develop your squash and win squash tokens.
If you know anyone else who might like to enter the new league, please let them know and suggest to them that they join the squash club.
To enter the leagues, please contact Darren Vass, a committee member or fill in the form below.
Darren tel: 07765 260154 e-mail: